We understand that you may be anxious before your procedure, so we strive to make your experience both comfortable and positive. At Lincoln Surgical Hospital, our goal is to make your admittance to the hospital proceed as smoothly as possible.
One way to ease any concerns you may have is to familiarize yourself with the process before you arrive. In this section, we will give you some details about what you can expect when you come to Lincoln Surgical Hospital. If you have further questions about your upcoming surgery, please ask any member of your healthcare team–we are always here to help you.
The first step in preparing for your surgery is completing pre-admission information. You should receive a pre-admission packet at your surgeon’s office. The packet includes paperwork detailing your medical history, demographics, insurance information and other documents that must be completed prior to surgery. You may want to contact your insurance provider, some providers need prior notification.
If you would like a tour of our facility, please contact our case manager at 402-484-0993. You can also take a photo tour by visiting the Tour Our Facility page.
If you are a patient having joint replacement surgery, you will want to sign up for our SUCCESS class. This session will prepare you and your support person with expectations before, during and after surgery. These personalized classes last approximately 2 hours and are key in your post-surgical success. We would like to have you sign up for class about 2-3 weeks before surgery. For more information, or to sign up for a class, please call our Health Advocate at 402-484-0884.
Admissions Process at Lincoln Surgical Hospital
General Patient Information:
The following guidelines are general and may not be appropriate for every surgery.
Prior to surgery, a nurse from our pre-admission department will contact you to confirm your scheduled surgery time and instruct you on the time you will need to arrive at the hospital. Upon arrival, please enter through the doors marked “Entrance C”. The pre-admission nurse will also review your medical history and information with you.
If you have NOT been contacted one day prior to your surgery, please contact us at 402-484-0960 between: Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 6:30pm or Saturday from 9:00am – 3:00pm and ask for a nurse in the pre-admission department.
For your convenience, you will want to bring the following information with you to the hospital:
- Any relevant medical insurance information, including insurance cards and photo ID verifying your legal name.
- Medical information that details your own history.
- Complete list of medications you are currently taking, prescription, over-the-counter and any other natural or organic drugs. Also, be sure to have the dosages you take, it is helpful to have the bottles with you indicting the correct doctor’s order for taking your medication.
- List of allergies
- If you have an advance directive, please bring a copy with you to place in your medical record.
- A list of telephone numbers where members of your immediate family can be reached, if necessary.
- Proof of Guardianship, if applicable.
At Lincoln Surgical Hospital, your safety is our highest priority. Our caring nurses and professional staff are committed to providing safe and exceptional care to our patients. Some of the ways we keep our patients safe include:
- Excellent nurse-to-patient ratio so your care is personalized and efficient
- All our registered nurses are certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- A state of the art call-light system to make certain your needs are met in a timely manner
- Our nursing staff rounds frequently on all patients, ensuring optimal comfort and safety
- Clean, spacious, and private patient rooms
The doors of the front entrance of the hospital will be locked after 9:00pm Monday – Friday; 12:00pm on Saturday and remain locked all day Sunday. A representative will be available to accept family or friends who will be returning to the hospital during these hours and will direct them to your room/recovery area.
Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Lincoln Surgical Hospital campus.
Every staff member is required to wear identification badges that include their photograph, name and department/title.
Lincoln Surgical Hospital has a latex-safe environment policy for the safety of our patients, staff and visitors. Because of the potential allergy problems strongly associated with latex balloons, we require alternatives such as Mylar balloons, to be used.