We understand that you may be anxious before your procedure, so we strive to make your experience both comfortable and positive. At Lincoln Surgical Hospital, our goal is to make your admittance to the hospital proceed as smoothly as possible.
One way to ease any concerns you may have is to familiarize yourself with the process before you arrive. In this section, we will give you some details about what you can expect when you come to Lincoln Surgical Hospital. If you have further questions about your upcoming surgery, please ask any member of your healthcare team–we are always here to help you.
The first step in preparing for your surgery is completing pre-admission information. You should receive a pre-admission packet at your surgeon’s office. The packet includes paperwork detailing your medical history, demographics, insurance information and other documents that must be completed prior to surgery. You may want to contact your insurance provider, some providers need prior notification.
You may also want to view and print these pre-pre-admission forms to complete and bring with you when you are admitted.
If you would like a tour of our facility, please contact our case manager at 402-484-0884. You can also take a photo tour by visiting the Tour Our Facility page.
General Patient Information:
The following guidelines are general and may not be appropriate for every surgery.
Prior to surgery, a nurse from our pre-admission department will contact you to confirm your scheduled surgery time and the time you should arrive at the hospital. You will need to arrive at the hospital at the time you were instructed. Upon arrival, please enter through the doors marked “Entrance C”. The pre-admission nurse will also review your medical history and information with you.
A nurse will be contacting you to review information. You may also call us at 402-484-0960 Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm. If you have NOT been contacted one day prior to your surgery, call and ask for a nurse in the pre-admission department.
For your convenience, you will want to bring the following information with you to the hospital:
- Any relevant medical insurance information, including insurance cards and photo ID verifying your legal name.
- Medical information that details your own history.
- Complete list of medications you are currently taking, prescription, over-the-counter and any other natural or organic drugs. Also, be sure to have the dosages you take, it is helpful to have the bottles with you indicting the correct doctor’s order for taking your medication.
- List of allergies
- If you have an advance directive, please bring a copy with you to place in your medical record.
- A list of telephone numbers where members of your immediate family can be reached, if necessary.
- Proof of Guardianship, if applicable.
Watch this video to experience what it is like to be a patient at Lincoln Surgical Hospital.