Lincoln Surgical Hospital provides state of the art surgical suites and a skilled, professionally staffed alternative for many of the city’s best surgeons. Our surgical team, higher level of staffing and the quality medical care provided contribute to positive patient outcomes: lower infection rates, shorter lengths of stay and improved delivery of care that meets both the patient and the family needs. Our experienced support team ensures you’ll receive excellent, quality, individualized care. Meet our team below:
Chief Executive Officer
- The Lincoln Surgical Hospital, a multi-specialty surgical hospital performing over 11,000 surgeries per year.
- Eye Surgical Associates, a 9 provider physician's clinic serving southeast Nebraska.
- Currently serves on the certification board for the Certified Ophthalmic Administrators
- Member of National IT advisory board for the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeon/American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators
- Former National Board Member of the American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators (ASOA).
- Numerous publications and presentations at the national and local level.
Chief Accounting Officer
Chief Clinical Officer
Carmen Lester, RN, BSN, JD is the Chief Clinical Officer of Lincoln Surgical Hospital. Ms. Lester oversees the leadership in the departments of same day surgery, surgical services, inpatient services, clinical education, clinical informatics and pharmacy. Ms. Lester also oversees the nursing department of Lincoln Surgical Endoscopy Services.
In 2002, Ms. Lester received her law degree from the University Of Nebraska College Of Law. In 1995, she graduated from Nebraska Wesleyan University with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, after having completed the diploma program at BryanLGH College of Health Sciences, School of Nursing in 1994.
Prior to joining Lincoln Surgical Hospital, Ms. Lester was the Vice President of Human Resources for Jennie Edmundson Hospital, a Nebraska Methodist Health System affiliate, in Council Bluffs, IA. Ms. Lester's current position at the Lincoln Surgical Hospital is actually a return "home" for her, as she was the Director of Quality Improvement and Risk Management at the Lincoln Surgical Hospital from 2003 to 2007.
Ms. Lester is a member of The American Organization of Nurse Executives, The American College of Healthcare Executives and The Healthcare Financial Management Association.
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Human Resources Officer